Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy (?) Memorial Day!!

Well, we started off towards the "Kabin" on Saturday after Ben's piano lesson and Sydney's swim lesson. We met up with my mom and got some KFC to take for lunch! Mom wanted to stop at Cabella's to look for some t-shirts and pants, so we stopped on our way. When we got there, Ben, the gentleman that he is, opened the door for us to go in. As he did this, he caught his toe on the bottom edge of the door and proceeded to do this to it!
Actually, this is what it looked like after we visited Urgent Care and the doctor turned his toenail around and glued it back down. First, I thought that I would just clean it and wrap it and we would be good to go, however, I knew I had to take him to a doctor when I couldn't recognize the bloody, mangled parts.
So...
We tried again on Sunday after church! Success! Here are some snapshots of our day at the "Kabin" with family.

Sydney and Dave fishing.

I can't believe she can cast already!

Kir-Kha-Beth Kabin

Riding on the Dingo with Baxter up front!

Dave and Ryan fishing.
I think I caught a dragonfly in the picture. See the big black blob just to the right of them?!

Dave and Mom in Scott's cabin.

Ben practicing on the stilts! Doing very well - even with a bum toe!

Just a swinging!



I think Sydney took this picture.

The pool was not ready for us yet!

The cousins, and a stump!

Now, at home on Monday!
Abby!

Sydney wished to do my nails for me. She removed all the polish from my toes.

And then worked on my cuticles.

Dave and Ben played with army men, Lincoln logs and Indians!

Then the x-box...

baseball!

Sydney and I took Abby for a walk...

...to our favorite pond nearby.
And that is it!

2 comments:

Uncle Ryan said...

Why is Dave sniffing his armpit in that one picture?

Sarah Oman said...

Nice! I think the toe is the best part. Although, the before picture would have been pretty cool too!