Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Easter!

Thankfully, the Saturday before Easter, the weather was beautiful!
I went running outside to prepare for the Run For Mercy that is April 18!
After my run we decided to dye Easter eggs! Here we go!







Don't ask, I don't know! I asked Sydney if I could take a picture of her with her new white bunny and this is what she did!

Ben decided to make a rubber egg with one of the hard boiled eggs. We soaked it in vinegar for a couple of hours and then he wanted to see how bouncy it was. He took it out back and tried bouncing it on the patio.
It looks more like the story of Humpty Dumpty, than a rubber egg!

So sad! Maybe we didn't soak it long enough?!

We found these little treasures to give to my nephews.
Look carefully! All I can say is that boys like this kind of stuff!
See the tasted pieces off to the side?! Yuck!

For dessert, I made, what I like to call, "Fruit Barfait". It is drained fruit cocktail, vanilla pudding, and crushed up cookies, brownies, or pies. Mix it all together and there you go!
The vote is in! Two thumbs up! Yea!
Happy Easter! I hope you all had a great time with your family and/or friends, celebrating the fact that Jesus conquered the grave!
Halleluia!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Love the humpty dumpty egg, Sydney's pose with bunny, and the rockin' Fruit Barfait!